Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Photoshopping Jesus

Today my husband showed me a picture on the computer of something that was outstanding, but most likely "Photoshopped".  I cant see in any way shape or form how it could be real.

A few moments before that I had read in 1 John 2:27... and I wondered that during my journey if I have tried to "Photoshop Jesus"...


A few days ago I wrote here how I could not fully explain how I work this life with Jesus out.  How I cant say I conform or fit in with a perfect set of whatever's.   How we need to seek Him and if we didn't know how that we should pray.  He will teach us.  How I found beauty in a lot of the different ways denominations of various kinds seek Christ and create that relationship with Him.

Lately I have shared what seems to be a yearly occurrance about my yearly Autumn struggle to understand God.  How during this time of seeking all over the place, some places good some bad. Some over and over again. Christ always draws me in close to Him and I regain my center.

1 John 2:27 says in the Message version in which I read it in
 I've written to warn you about those who are trying to deceive you. But they're no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ's anointing, no less! You don't need any of their so-called teaching. Christ's anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught.

Who was John talking about?  Who are these decievers?  It's a big scary word and its the anti-Christ.  I used to always put this word in line with Revelations but it is so much more than that.  

When you back up in 1 John, chapter 2 verses 18-23 (NASB) says
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.  They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.  But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also. 


I am so much more and more and much more convinced over these past few weeks and months and years of seeking Christ, learning all avenues and crevases of human creativity that what it absolutely has to come down to is the truth of Christ.  As I searched and venture I have always come across things that I would absolutely love and adore to place into how I want to carry out my journey with the Lord, but those things ultimately say something to me that the Holy Spirit tells me to run far from.  There are other things that do align themselves with Christ and I embrace.  How important it is for me to remember as one who have a relationship with Christ is that He has given me His Spirit to guide me, and its so important that I spend time understanding what His voice sounds like and to really listen to Him, and to teach my children the same.  I don't ever want to Photoshop Jesus, to edit Him or parts of Him out so that He better suits something that I know doesn't fit.  How can His light fully shine to me and through me if I were to do this?  What parts of what He wants to share with me would I miss out on if I did this?  His truth wont change if I change it.  He is who He says He is, was and will forever be.  

I sit here today just reaffirming to myself in blog form that Holy Spirit needs to be acknowledged and listened too with a very open ear.  Christ's message of love and hope must be forever clung too and being His hands and feet are essential in walking with Him.    




No comments:

Post a Comment