Friday, February 25, 2011

Jesus our comforter

This past week our household has been loaded with sickness. Today our boys are finally starting to sit up, colour, sing, and EAT even just the littlest amounts! Whatever flu bug was romping around looks like for them, its on its way out. Last night I started to feel a bit under the weather and was thanking God for not letting me be sick while they were at their worst! Today, Im feeling still a bit not quite 100%, and I hope that God will just protect me from the illness because theres just so much a Mom has to do!!!!


Yesterday I was giving one of the boys a bath and as I sat there watching him just so tired and weak I was thinking of how Jesus takes care of us in this way. He is our comforter! Just as parents are there for a sick child, to bathe them and hug them and nurse them back to health, Jesus is there for us through our sickness when we call to Him for help.  I just think its so amazing! I have seen Him do this so many times in my household alone, He is just so awesome it makes me smile ear to ear! 


In the NLT version of the Bible, 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 says
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment