Monday, May 16, 2011

how easy it is to be decieved.

Oh how easy it is to forget that we too as Christians need to make sure we are careful...

I have watched family and friends be decieved by the worlds views for a long time.  I pray for them daily in hopes that they would see truth instead of a comfy cozy all empowering view the world dishes out daily.

I forgot to pray for myself and was decieved greatly recently.  

It is so easy, even as a Christian to look at something that LOOKS like its from God, get very excited about it, say "this is perfect, solves all my thoughts on this or that!"  To do a dance of happiness, only to find out that "wait a minute, that doesnt align with Scripture!"

Now some people dont believe that the Bible is as wonderful as many Christians claim it is.  "its just stories, not all acurate, it has been tainted by man." 

I was pointed out something very important in Scripture.  I have had a dear friend helping me in a study right now that has really opened my eyes not only on the matter, but also on gaurding myself!

" All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"
-2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)

Key word of this for me is  "ALL!"  Not just bits and peices, therefore we really shouldnt be dismissing one thing or another that is in the Bible, but taking it all very seriously and from God himself! If we are denying parts of scriputre and just taking bits and peices, are we not denying ourselves from Christ?

Jesus, our Saviour, our King warns us about deception and I have been really trying to meditate on this because I feel I have had this head on latley. Deception version 2.0.


  Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you,  for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately.  Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world.  But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come. - Matthew 24: 4-8

1 Timothy 4:1 says, "Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons."

Demons... thats scary stuff! Thats stuff I really want to not be any part of!!!!  And let me state that Im not just thinking about stuff that is blatantly obvious, evil, dark, brooding, angry, murdering, insane crazy rubber room things.  There are things that are out there that look so perfect, so beautiful, so RIGHT, that are sooo not of Christ.  They wont be all wonderful forever and because they are not of God will wither away and die.  They are from demons as well!!!  Look at the Devil, he was the most beautiful, angelic angel of God!  His job is to decieve, distroy and kill (funny this was just talked about at our Church this past week, and its really true!), and he is perfect for the job and does a darn good job at it too!!! 

Corinthians 3:18 says “let no man deceive himself, if any may among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise”. 

As I have been chewing on all this I have really realized why it is so important to surround yourselves who know God's truth and not just to go searching for it yourself, because it is so easy to be decieved.  So easy,

like super duper easy. 

When we know God's word and we understand what He was saying, we start to be able to defend ourselves as God's people, and we get to be protected by God who is our shield (another thing I have just really been soaking in that I am just learning about! God is so good!). We need to be reading all of it, not just what makes us comfortable, what sounds pretty and nice and loving, we need to understand all of God, not just some of it. 

I am not ashamed that I have been tempted by other things, I am not ashamed that I have been decieved. A bit frustrated, yes I will admit and God and I are working on that. And He will answer all my questions in time, He always has and always will!  "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." - Hebrews 13:8
I am prasing God for all of this because through this I have got to study more, learn more, pray more and hear God more in my life!  Who doesnt want more of our amazing Jesus in their life?!?! 

This journey has already brought so much to my mind, there is so much I want to learn, suck in, chew on, sit in awe of.  And once I understand it all and I am in a place of "wow, that was amazing!"  I will be eager to find out what God has next! 








No comments:

Post a Comment