Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Made for so much more than Dr Pepper and Ruffles Chips!

People call me "Mrs Crunchy" in some circles.. but when it comes to my food choices..the only crunch to it is the sound the junk makes between my teeth.

 

I have started yet again a journey to rid myself of junk food and unhealthy food choices.  This time starting with reading the book Made to Crave.  So far Im five chapters in and I am excited, and scared. 
I dont have to loose a ton of weight, but there is 20 extra pounds on my body that I really really hate, I really feel insecure about and every time I look in the mirror I can recal 100 instances with food that made me gain them.  They are not from having three big 10 pound children, they are not from being lazy..they are from late night eating, and trying to solve all my issues with food.  I do go to food more than I go to God for my stress, anxieties, worries, etc.  This has got to stop.  And I have tried may times before. Giving sugar the finger, asking my husband to not buy sour cream and bacon Ruffles at the store... but usually if I get stressed out, or have a bad day and he asks if I want anything at the store... I tell him to buy me a Dr Pepper and chips... and a Bounty chocolate bar... and a Cadbury cream egg... get the point?
The author of this book made a good point about praying when we get a craving.  This is my focus right now. To going to God immediatly when I get a craving for these foods that are only going to satisfy me until I swallow the last peice.  I need to go to Him BEFORE the craving, instead of afterwards and I feel like a complete failure. 
If you are reading this, pray for me.  I need a lot of it.  I am made for more! I am a child of God!  I should be really really excited to be starting a journey that is going to bring me closer to the God who died for ME!  Yet I feel so terrified at the same time. You know the angel on the one shoulder, and the devil on the other? yea that is totally me right now.
1 Corinthians 10:31 says  So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
I rarely do that. Infact, I dont know if I have ever done that besides the four days I tried to fast a few months ago. 
And my body is a temple for the Lord, I should be taking care of this body!!!
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 says (The Message version) You realize, don't you, that you are the temple of God, and God himself is present in you? No one will get by with vandalizing God's temple, you can be sure of that. God's temple is sacred—and you, remember, are the temple.
Its all clear to me at this moment... when that craving comes in, its hard to remember that.
But I know God answers prayer!  So I will pray hard, and please again I ask for you all to pray for me too. Even if its just once.  Prayer is so powerful! I have seen it work many times and I know it will work again!  God is so awesome! 
My focus today is to start praying to God to be the fufilment I need instead of going to food for satisfaction.  Also to make my portion sizes not so GINORMOUS!..and going back for seconds.  And to once again start listening to my body. And no late night snacks for me tonight..I hope..I pray! Oh man this is going to be a crazy wonderful journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment