Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stuck in the mud

The past few days I have felt like I have been stuck in the mud.  Worried about something that I really have no control over and yet I find myself constantly all day thinking about it.  And yet Jesus tells us not to worry in Luke 12 ~~

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
   27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.  (NIV)

I am a bit obsessive over things and until I understand a situation fully, I am almost in a silent panic mode..sometimes not so silent. 

I know God doesnt give us anything we cant handle. Paul tells us: "God is faithful, and He will not let you be tested beyond your strength but with your testing He will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it".

God has got my back. 

In reality, logically, I should give my worries to God. Because He will and does take care of them. I have seen it happen many many times before.  He has answered my prayers, healed what needed to be healed and provided for us what we needed to be provided for. But when its the BIG things going on, I give it to Him, then take it back. Give it to Him... hear what He has to say, get impaitient and then do my own thing.  GAH so frustrating. 

Im sure others of you can relate.  And He knows that I am like this too and is probably sitting up in Heaven going "oooo Candace, you silly girl. Just go to bed, no worries. I got it, trust me." 

I need to get out of the mud, give it to God, and leave it... walk away from it till I feel God telling me it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment