Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One of the best F words ever!



We have been challenged to share our thoughts on forgiveness with this weeks Walk with Him Wednesday's. 
    Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (NIV)
Forgiveness is huge.  Forgiveness releases us from bitterness, anger, jealousy, envy, ooo that whole long list of yucky stuff that creeps in so quick and likes to try and hang around for way past its welcome.
Christ calls us to forgive, and not just to forgive someone when they forget to do something for you, or looses something or lets you down... but the huge things- abuse, rape, murder, violence, constant and more constant hatred.  The people that over and over again enrage you beyond belief... these people need to be forgiven. 
    Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. (NKJV)

I think of how much Christ had to bear for us.  He carried the sins of the whole world.  Thats massive. Thats insane to think of.  He died for OUR sins.  He died for ALL people.  He died for the people who have murdered children, whiped out entire cities, bombed cars, thieves, liars, abusers, gossips, the ones who blatantly deny Him, or jumble His words, the list goes on. 

Isnt that WILD!!!!!!!!!!

It gives me goosebumps to think.  He did all this for us, and when we say to Christ "Im yours, YOU are LORD,  have your way in my life, forgive me of all I have done that isnt in Your likeness Lord Jesus." ... you are clean!  Thats forgiveness.  It is wiped CLEAN. 

    Matthew 6:14-16 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (NIV)

I honestly still cannot fully grasp it somedays.  How God can be so forgiving.  I have had a hard time letting things go.  I have had a hard time forgiving people sometimes..and you know what, Im horrible at realizing that God forgives me of the things I do to others sometimes, those things I do that are NOT like Him.  Im so glad His ways are not my ways.  He has such a better grasp on things than we ever will.  Its amazing.  I am very glad to have His forgiveness and I am glad I get to forgive others with His strength and wisdom, to live a life in freedom.  To live a life with Him and to grow more and more each day.  And if it wasnt for His forgiveness, it couldnt happen.  :)  Forgiveness is freedom, along with Faith ...they are the best F words ever!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment