Monday, June 27, 2011

When I cant handle things

“Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8 NIV)

When way to much news comes into light, even if it all seems a bit "not such a big deal" to some, something in my heart is aching to fix everything.. all at once.   My mind never stops spinning. 

Its those things where I know only God can help me though, put the right people in my life, and the right words from Him. 

These are the tough moments, the moments I know God has permitted to happen, a challenge to make me keep my eyes on HIM and not to have a nervous breakdown.  I need to thank Him even in these moments because even they too have a purpose for His perfect will. 
Its the moments where I cant get my brain to stop spinning and turning. Its the moments where I even turn to my husband and he goes "seriously these things arent that big of a deal." And I say "well my brain sure thinks so!" 

I wanna make things right, no one to be offended, peace all around, no anger,

I fear confrontation.

Its in that kind of moment I need to surrender to Christ, coming off a weekend of a huge Spiritual high and ask myself, do I allow this to completly rip me from clinging to Christ's feet or do I cling tighter, cry and soak in His love.  

Soaking soaking soaking in His truth and His love, His grace, allowing time to listen to Him, waiting for those words that say

"even when you think that in those moments that I dont have control, I do."

Im just so greatful in this moment, I am learning to quicker and quicker to allow Him to tell me this because to be honest sometimes I dont let my mind stop obsessing long enough for God to get a word in edgewise.  


"With all your heart  you must trust the LORD and not your own judgment. Always let Him lead you, and He will clear the road for you to follow. " (Proverbs 3:5-6 CEV)



“Do not be anxious about any thing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV).

 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have what we asked of Him” (1 John 5:14-15 NIV).

  

No comments:

Post a Comment