Saturday, July 23, 2011

Christ calls us to LOVE, not shoot up a camp.

I sit here this morning and I cant even clean.  I cant think straight after hearing about Utoya island and Oslo.  So very tragic, so very sad and sickening.  I cannot even begin to imagine how awful and terrible the people who survived, and those who lost in these discusting acts feel... all I want to do is hug my children.  I could not imagine one of them going through something like this.

The man identified as the shooter calls himself a Christian.  When I read this I just started to cry.  Ofcourse curiosity got the best of me and I started to read readers comments.  Instead of prayers, good thoughts, and kind words being spread to support victims and their families, most of it has been hateful words against Christians and other religious groups that had nothing to do with the events that took place.

John 13:34-35    “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

This was Christ, our Lord talking.
He never calls Christians to go massacre dozens of people, to hold up angry protest signs at events.  We are supposed to LOVE
Can I say that one more time to make sure you get it?

Christ calls us to LOVE. 

This means also when some of us Christians start bashing other religions, we need to ask ourselves. "is this loving to the people I am talking about?" (most likley no!)
There are going to be people in all walks of faith who are going to be not exactically following the commands of who they put their faith in.  These people make the rest of the people look bad.  This has happened to Muslims for a long time.  I know a LOT of wonderful Muslim families.  This has happened to many people I know who are Pagans, a few loose cannons and the whole lot of them look insane.  And it happens to us who cling to Christ as well.   These people are PEOPLE just like you and I.  They are not crazy, they arent terrorists.  A majority in the world are just regular day to day people.  Yes there are some of them who are not doing very loving things, very evil things...and there are Christians doing the same... but doesnt Christ call us to love even them? 

I dont know what I really want to come to a conclusion on here.  I am just so sick and tired of people , especially Christians who would comment for hours and hours on CNN BASHING people.  Its horrible.  Yes what happened was discusting and heart wrenching... but doesnt Christ call us to forgive, to heal, and to love all people? 

How can we spread Christ's love when we never show it to the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment