Monday, April 18, 2011

Jesus warms our hearts..and our toes!

Today I prepared for my run. Itching to get out in Gods creation and praise Him while jogging, listening to the birds singing love songs, that still are not as sweet as the love songs Jesus has for each of us. 

It started to snow, and I began to debate wheather this would be another indoor cardio day, or if I should dare go out for the first time in my Vibrams in the snow..something I thought for sure wouldnt happen till at LEAST October LOL.  But it looked sooo beautiful outside, and I love to be outside.  So I knew as soon as my husband got in the door, I wanted to run!

So my husband came in, and he seen I had my running gear on.  And he handed me his watch so I could time my run as I usually do and I took off to do a little over a 2km run. 
Running down the street my toes were cold.  But not freezing, but kinda like standing on a cold basement floor almost.  About a km in I began to feel like I may not enjoy this run.  But it was so beautiful outside, I didnt want to turn back so we pressed on.  I used the time to pray, to focus on being in awe of all that the Lord has blessed us with- nature, family, friends.  I began to pray for all those who I have had on my heart.  My toes were no longer cold.  Its amazing how the things that trip us up can be untangled by the love of Christ.
It was so beautiful outside, quiet, crisp.  You could hear every bird chirping, see all sorts of different animal tracks out on the paths.  I cannot deny God's beauty when I see the things He made for us

Romans 1:19-20. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world His eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things He has made.


To sing praises to Him as I run, to just talk to Him like I talk to a friend.  Best friend.  To worship Him as every blade of grass, and tree that sways does

Isaiah 55:12-13. The mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. All this will be a memorial for the Lord, a sign that for all time will not be cut off.


..............And we get the opportunity to do it every day!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment